There's really not a whole bunch more to say about third person resumes.
Wait, maybe JobJenny has a little few more thoughts on them:
- They come across as pompous in a lot of instances
- They are ridiculously old skewl
- I expect to see you in your smoking jacket, holding a martini, dictating to your secretary when I read one of these. And that just makes me laugh, not feel the urge to consider you a serious candidate
- They're not engaging; it's hard for me to connect with you when you continuously refer to yourself as "Misterrr Chadwick"
- If you structure your resume in third person AND attach a photograph? I may die
So, really. Lose the formality. And go with first person, accomplishment-based (as opposed to task-based), bullet-pointed, clean resumes. For heavens sakes.