15 ways to succeed in any interview.
- Practice beforehand.
- Don't overpractice beforehand.
- Power pose before you walk in.
- Answer questions succinctly.
- Don't answer questions like some kind of weird robot.
- Ask good questions, ones that demonstrate you're not just in it for you.
- Be confident.
- Be humble.
- Don't eat or cook any bad smelling things beforehand (this rule, incidentally, also applies to those stepping onto an airplane or crowded bus).
- Make your interest clear.
- Make your fear undetectable.
- Take a day off from the cologne.
- Thank the interviewer, in writing, the moment you're back at your computer.
- Ask what happens next, before you leave the interview.
- Give a damn.
Got another job interview rule that you swear by? Any memorable examples from an interview that went particularly well (or one you bombed)? Leave 'em in the comments below!