10 reasons you should have a job search blog, by tomorrow.
- It'll work.
- It provides you the perfect means to showcase your mad writing skillz.
- It gives you a free (nearly), instant podium from which you can reveal the plethora of smarts you have related to your career sector and industry.
- It allows potential employers to get to know you better, before you've even set foot into an interview.
- It shows off your social media savvy.
- It demonstrates that you are, in fact, damned serious about this job search.
- It provides a central point from which you can send people to your resume, your Linkedin profile, work samples, contact information, and on and on and on.
- You can offer consulting/freelance services through it.
- It proves you are computer literate.
- And, did I mention? It'll work.
Stop monkeying around on Monster.com for six hours a day, and start working on a personal blog/website for your search, already.
I swear. If I can do this...? You can do this.